Wayland Free Public Library
WiFi Hints and Tips
- To access the network, your equipment must have a wireless network card.
- DNS settings – set to "obtain DNS address automatically"
- If you need to enter a network name, our wireless network name is: Wayland Public Library
- Printing from the wireless network is not available at this time. If you have a document that you need to print, either email it to yourself or save on removable media and print from an Internet computer.
- If you use the Minuteman Databases, please log in as a "Home Access" user rather than an "In Library" user.
- Please update your antivirus software before connecting to the Internet.
We regret that our library staff cannot configure your equipment for you, but the following instructions may help:
- Start > Connect to a Network
- OR open "Connect to a Network" by clicking the network icon in the notification area [right hand side of the taskbar].
- Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network Settings
- Right-click on Local Area Connection (if more than one appears, choose the wireless adapter)
- Click on Properties.
- Verify that the TCP/IP option is checked.
- Highlight TCP/IP and click Properties.
- Verify that "Obtain an IP address automatically" is selected.
- Verify that "Obtain DNS automatically" is selected.
Mac OS X 10.2 or later
- You will need an AirPort card either built in or properly installed in your computer.
- Click the AirPort icon in the menu bar, and make sure AirPort is turned on.
- Select "puwireless" from the pulldown menu to connect to the network.
- If the AirPort icon doesn't appear in the menu bar, select System Preferences in the Apple Menu, and click on Network. Make sure "Show AirPort status in menu bar" is enabled.
Consult your equipment manufacturers information or website for further assistance.
provided by the
WAYLAND FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY and the
MILLIENNIUM ENDOWMENT FUND
CONNECTION provided by COMCAST