Wayland Free Public Library
> ESOL Training
Teaching English as a Second Language
YOU CAN LEARN TO TEACH ENGLISH
Get our current tutor training class schedule.
- No teaching experience or foreign language ability is required in order to be a tutor.
- You will be trained to offer this service to someone who really needs help.
- You will work one-to-one with adults who desire to improve their abilities in spoken and written English.
- Learners develop their own goals for what they wish to accomplish.
- The tutor creates lessons and finds materials that will enable the student to achieve these goals.
The Wayland Library has sponsored an ESOL Program (English for Speakers of Other Languages) for seventeen years. This program has trained well over two hundred tutors. We still have a never-ending waiting list of learners who need our help.
THE TRAINING COURSE
- Fifteen hours of intensive work
- Part One makes the tutor aware of some of the problems faced by the student in learning English;
- Part Two consists of specific skills and techniques for teaching.
For further information contact Ginny Steel, Program Director 508-358-7517 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask Us About
If an item in our collection is currently checked out, ask a librarian to place a request for you. You can also place the request yourself online.