Wayland Free Public Library
> Book Groups
Our Book Groups
Noontime Book Discussion Group
For over thirty years, a group of adults have been meeting one Friday a month at noon for a reading. Currently the members rotate turns in facilitating the discussion and providing refreshments. Members either purchase their own copies of the books or read copies acquired by the library on interlibrary loan. For more information about this group, please call Kathy Powers, Assistant Director.
Information about our Noontime Book Group:
Our evening book group starts on Monday, Oct 4th at 7:30pm. The focus is on current literary fiction, with the odd classic or genre work thrown in. Meetings are roughly every four weeks on Mondays at 7:30pm. Reference Librarian Andy Moore has selected the books and will lead the first discussion, with the hope that a different participant will moderate each following month. No registration required.
Information about our Evening Book Group:
- Websites for Book Lovers — The Morton Grove Public Library has put together an extensive collection of links to sites of interest to readers.
- GoodReads — A social network for book lovers that also provides an algorithm to recommend books to its users.
- BookSpot — Bestseller lists, genre divisions, reviews and places to buy books.
- Reader's Club — An award winning book review site managed by the Charlotte & Mecklenburg County Public Library staff.
- Book Group Buzz - Book group tips and links, reading lists, and lively talk of literary news from the experts at Booklist Online
- Overbooked: Table of Contents — Information about fiction and readable nonfiction.
Ask Us About
If an item in our collection is currently checked out, ask a friendly librarian to place a request for you. You can also place the request yourself online.
NEED A GOOD BOOK?
Try NoveList! Besides locating fiction to read, you can learn more about the books and their authors through NoveList's
- Author Read-alikes
- Feature Articles
- Book Discussion Guides
All you need to log in is your library card. You'll be glad you tried it!